Earth year 4,492,056,017
Mother Earth/ Gaia‘s Blog
Mankind, My children
In my first blog I asked that you commit to following my blogs for a few weeks to give me a chance to explain the most important issues affecting our joint survival. In today’s Blog I want to talk about PARTNERSHIPS TO ACHIEVE GOALS.
In 2014 Official development assistance (ODA) i.e. international aid given to developing countries was $135 billions – the highest ever recorded but the intended impacts and effects are often eroded by lack of effective systems and accountability in the developing world and inadequate monitoring of effectiveness of AID.
Local capacity in tax and other revenue collection needs to be to be strengthened and additional financial resources need to be mobilised. There is also a need to develop, transfer and diffuse environmentally sound technologies to developing countries on favourable terms and to build local capacity.
Do you feel concerned about the unfairness of this world that leaves millions struggling to survive and bring up their families on low wages in the developing world?
Do you get angry at the wastage of Aid intended to help the poor but which never seems to get to them or improve their lives. Have you ever thought about what YOU personally could do to help make the world a better place? Now is your chance to do something to change the world!
- 1 in 5 persons in developing world lives on less than $1.25 per day
- Highest poverty rates are found in small fragile and conflict affected countries
- Every day in 2014 , 42,000 people had to abandon their homes due to conflict
- 795 Million people in the world are malnourished
- 1 out of 9 persons in the world goes to bed hungry
wcydo (wich-ee-do What Can You Do?)
- Buy fair trade fruit once a week to help poorest farmers
- Buy a fair trade (non fruit) products once a month to help poorest workers
- Get friends together and sponsor a girl to complete her schooling
- Join a pressure group to demand action on this issue globalcitizen.org
- Write to National politicians to push for action in resolving conflicts
Tell others and encourage them to join our group and to visit our Community on Facebook, to sign up for our newsletter and support us for our crowdfunding launch.