Earth year 4,492,056,017
Mother Earth/ Gaia‘s Blog
Mankind, My children
In my first blog I asked that you commit to following my blogs for a few weeks to give me a chance to explain the most important issues affecting our joint survival. In today’s Blog I want to talk about PEACE and JUSTICE.
The rule of law and development are closely related and are mutually reinforcing. Rule of law is an essential requirement if we are to achieve sustainable development and equality in the developing world.
Conflict is one of the most important contributory causes of instability and the refugee problems. Breakdown of rule of law can increase poverty as people often have to leave their homes, property and businesses to protect their families.
The number of children leaving primary school in conflict affected countries can run into tens of millions each year and lack of education perpetuates poverty to the next generation.
Further problems inhibiting development is that corruption is often widespread and sadly, the very institutions who should be upholding the rule of law (such as the judiciary and the police) are often amongst the most corrupt in such countries.
Do you feel sorrow at the unfairness of this world that leaves millions struggling to survive and having to expose their children to dangers and people smugglers in order to bring them to where they can have a safe future.? Do you get angry that governments do not seem to care about such people?. Have you ever thought about what YOU personally might do to help make the world a better place? Now is your chance to do something to change the world!
- Five million children had to leave their primary schools in 2011 because of conflicts
- Millions are risking their and their children’s lives as refugees to escape conflicts
- Corruption and tax evasion costs developing countries $1.26 Trillion ( $1260 billions ) each year – money that could be used to raise incomes of the poorest in those countries
wcydo (wich-ee-do What Can You Do?)
- Join a pressure group to demand action on this issue globalcitizen.org
- Write to National politicians to push for action in resolving conflicts
- Donate once a month to namati.org, www.hrw.org or other similar charity
- http://www.stophunger.org/Share the facts about injustice to family and friends to encourage action
Tell others and encourage them to join our group and to visit www.wcydo.com to sign up for our newsletter and information on our crowdfunding launch on Indiegogo.