WCYDo (wich-ee-do) is run by a small team of concerned individuals who feel there is a large number of ordinary people who, like them, are frustrated and angry at the lack of progress in dealing with the urgent Global issues leaving millions in poverty and affecting the survival of our Planet. The WCYDo App (to be launched shortly) will motivate these people to take action and make it easy to monitor progress. It will also encourage users to volunteer and fund-raise for charities that are most active in relevant areas. Within the WCYDo App individuals, families or groups of friends will be able to select from a menu of actions under each of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and thereby help make this a better and fairer World. For example, typical actions could be:
- Buying fair trade fruit once a week to help poor farmers
- Buying fair trade products once a month to help poor workers
- Sponsoring a girl child once a month through primary school in a developing country
- Reducing food waste
- Writing to politicians and decision makers to increase overseas aid to eliminate hunger
- Promoting women's participation in leadership positions
Our WCYDo App is designed to encourage action and monitor progress. It will be made available for US$1.25 in recognition of the maximum daily income that 1 in 5 people in Developing Countries have to live on.